STEER Technolgies Inc. Terms of Service
The STEER. (STEER) Platform provides a marketplace where persons who seek transportation to certain destinations (“Riders”) can be matched with persons driving to or through those destinations (“Drivers”). Drivers and Riders are collectively referred to herein as “Users” and each User shall create a User account that enables such User to access the STEER Platform. The driving services provided by Drivers to Riders that are matched through the Platform are referred to collectively as the “Services”.
STEER DOES NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES, AND STEER IS NOT A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER. IT IS UP TO THE DRIVER TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO OFFER A RIDE TO A RIDER CONTACTED THROUGH THE STEER PLATFORM, AND IT IS UP TO THE RIDER TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO ACCEPT A RIDE FROM ANY DRIVER CONTACTED THROUGH THE STEER PLATFORM. ANY DECISION BY A USER TO OFFER OR ACCEPT SERVICES ONCE SUCH USER IS MATCHED THROUGH THE STEER PLATFORM IS A DECISION MADE IN SUCH USER’S SOLE DISCRETION. EACH TRANSPORTATION SERVICE PROVIDED BY A DRIVER TO A RIDER SHALL CONSTITUTE A SEPARATE AGREEMENT BETWEEN SUCH PERSONS.
By creating your User account and using the STEER Platform, you expressly acknowledge that you understand these Terms of Serviceand accept all of its terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE STEER PLATFORM OR THE SERVICES.
STEER reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time, effective upon posting the amended terms on this site. If we make changes, we will notify you by, at a minimum, revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this page. You are responsible for regularly reviewing it. Continued use of the STEER Platform or Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. If you do not agree to any such changes you may not use or access the STEER Platform or the Services.
STEER Platform is not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or Users who have had their User account temporarily or permanently deactivated. By becoming a User, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that you have the right, authority and capacity to use the STEER services.
As a Rider, you agree that any amounts charged following a ride (a “Charge”) are mandatory and due and payable immediately upon completion of the ride. Charges include Ride Fees and other applicable fees, tolls, surcharges, and taxes, plus any tips to the Driver that you elect to pay. STEER has the authority and reserves the right to determine and modify pricing at any time. Charges may vary based on the type of service you request (e.g., STEER Electric, STEER Hybrid, STEER gas powered vehicles and body types such as Sedan or SUV). You are responsible for all Charges incurred under your User account regardless of your awareness of such Charges or the amounts thereof.
- Ride Fees. Ride Fees consist of a base price and incremental charges based on the duration and distance of your ride. For particularly short rides, minimum Ride Fees do apply.
- Service Fee. STEER may assess a per-ride “Service Fee” to offset STEER’s expenses. Such expenses are dynamic and if any are applied, will be deemed general revenue.
- Cancellation Fee. In the event that you cancel a ride request on the STEER Platform, make repeated or frequent cancellations, or fail to show up for your ride in a timely manner, you agree to pay a “Cancellation Fee”. We may also assess a Cancellation Fee against you if we suspect that you have intentionally cancelled rides to disrupt the STEER Platform or the provision of Services.
- Damage Fee. If a Driver reports that you have materially damaged the Driver’s vehicle, you agree to pay a “Damage Fee” of up to $250 depending on the extent of the damage (as determined by STEER in its sole discretion), towards vehicle repair or cleaning. STEER reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify or otherwise require documentation of damages prior to processing the Damage Fee.
- Other Charges. Other fees, tolls, and surcharges may apply to your ride, including: actual or anticipated airport fees, state or local fees, tolls (and return tolls in select instances), and processing fees for split payments. In addition, where required by law STEER will collect applicable taxes. Any tips will be provided entirely to the applicable Driver.
- Facilitation of Payments. All Charges are facilitated through a third-party payment processing service (e.g., Stripe, Inc) STEER may replace its third-party payment processing services without notice to you. Charges shall only be made through the STEER Platform. Cash payments are strictly prohibited.
- No Refunds. Charges are assessed immediately following completion of the ride to your authorized payment method. All Charges are non-refundable. This no-refund policy shall apply at all times regardless of your decision to terminate usage of the STEER Platform, any disruption to the STEER Platform or Services, or any other reason whatsoever.
- Promotions. STEER, at its sole discretion, may make available promotions with different features to any of our Riders or prospective Riders. These promotions, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your agreement or relationship with STEER.
- Credit Card Authorization. Upon addition of a new payment method or each ride request, STEER may seek authorization of your selected payment method to verify your payment method, ensure the ride cost will be covered, and protect against unauthorized behavior. The authorization is not a charge, however, it may reduce your available credit by the authorization amount until your bank’s next processing cycle. Should the amount of our authorization exceed the total funds on deposit in your account, you may be subject to overdraft of NSF charges by the bank issuing your debit or check card. We cannot be held responsible for these charges and are unable to assist you in recovering them from your issuing bank.
As a Driver, you will receive applicable Ride Fees (net of STEER’s Administrative Fee, as discussed below) and any tips provided by Riders to you for the Services you provide. STEER will process all payments due to you through its third party payments processor. You acknowledge and agree that such amounts shall not include any interest and will be net of any amounts that we are required to withhold by law. You expressly authorize STEER to set the prices on your behalf for all Charges that apply to the provision of Services. STEER reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of Ride Fees if it believes that you have attempted to defraud or abuse STEER or STEER’s payment systems.
In exchange for permitting you to offer your Services through the STEER Platform and marketplace as a Driver, you agree to pay STEER (and permit STEER to retain) a fee based on each transaction in which you provide Services (the “Administrative Fee”) The amount of the applicable Administrative Fee will be communicated to you in an Administrative Fee schedule posted at https://STEER.com/fees. STEER reserves the right to change the Administrative Fee at any time in STEER’s discretion based upon local market factors, and STEER will provide you with notice in the event of such change. Continued use of the STEER Platform after any such change in the Administrative Fee calculation shall constitute your consent to such change.
STEER, at its sole discretion, may make available promotions with different features to any Drivers or prospective Drivers. These promotions, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your agreement or relationship with STEER.
By becoming a User, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provided to us. By consenting to being contacted by STEER, you understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems and/or which will deliver prerecorded messages sent by or on behalf of STEER, its affiliated companies and/or Drivers, including but not limited to: operational communications concerning your User account or use of the STEER Platform or Services, updates concerning new and existing features on the STEER Platform, communications concerning promotions run by us or our third party partners, and news concerning STEER and industry developments. IF YOU WISH TO OPT-OUT OF PROMOTIONAL EMAILS, TEXT MESSAGES, OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, YOU MAY OPT-OUT BY FOLLOWING THE UNSUBSCRIBE OPTIONS PROVIDED TO YOU, INCLUDING THE “END” AND “STOPALL” OPTIONS DESCRIBED BELOW. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional messages as a condition of using the STEER Platform or the Services.
You are solely responsible for your Information and your interactions with other members of the public, and we act only as a passive conduit for your online posting of your Information. You agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information by updating your driver profile at the STEER web site and that we and other members of the public may rely on your Information as accurate, current and complete.
You warrant and represent to us that you are the sole author of your Information. To enable the STEER Platform to use your Information, you grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in your Information, and to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such Information to prepare derivative works, or incorporate into other works, such Information, in any media now known or not currently known. STEER does not assert any ownership over your Information; rather, as between us and you, you retain full ownership of all of your Information and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Information.
You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password provided by you or STEER for accessing the STEER Platform. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User account, and STEER expressly disclaims any liability arising from the unauthorized use of your User account. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your User account or you suspect any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately.
Social Networking Sites
As part of the functionality of the STEER Platform, you may be able to create or login to your User account through online accounts you may have with third party social networking sites (each such account, an “SNS Account”) by either providing your SNS Account login information through the STEER Platform or allowing STEER to access your SNS Account. By granting STEER access to any SNS Accounts, you understand that STEER may access, make available and store any content that you have provided to and stored in your SNS Account including without limitation any friend, mutual friends, contacts or following/followed lists (the “SNS Content”) so that it is available on and through the STEER Platform to other Users. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms of Service, all SNS Content, if any, shall be considered to be your Information. Depending on the privacy settings that you have set in such SNS Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your SNS Accounts may be available on and through the STEER Platform.
With respect to your use of the STEER Platform and your participation in the Services, you agree that you will not:
- impersonate any person or entity;
- stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass any person, or carry any weapons;
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services or the STEER Platform or the servers or networks connected to the STEER Platform;
- post Information or interact on the STEER Platform or Services in a manner which is false, inaccurate, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information), defamatory, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, or illegal;
- use the STEER Platform in any way that infringes any third party’s rights, including but not limited to: intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- post, email or otherwise transmit any malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the STEER Platform;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the STEER Platform, without our prior written authorization or use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to us in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose; or
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the STEER Platform or any software used on or for the STEER Platform;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, license or sublicense the STEER Platform or access to any portion of the STEER Platform;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, scrape, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the STEER Platform or its contents;
- create liability for us or cause us to become subject to regulation as a transportation carrier or provider of taxi service;
- link directly or indirectly to any other web sites;
- transfer or sell your User account, password and/or identification to any other party; or
- cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above.
We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to suspend or deactivate your User account if you do not comply with these prohibitions.
Driver Representations and Warranties
By providing Services as a Driver on the STEER Platform, you represent, warrant, and agree that:
- You possess a valid driver’s license and are authorized and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle and have all appropriate licenses, approvals and authority to provide transportation to Riders in all jurisdictions in which you provide Services.
- You own, or have the legal right to operate, the vehicle you use when providing Services, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
- You will only provide Services using the vehicle that has been reported to and for which a photograph has been provided to STEER, and you will not transport more passengers than can securely be seated in such vehicle (and no more than seven (7) passengers in any instance).
- You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) that names or schedules you for the operation of the vehicle you use to provide Services.
- You will be solely responsible for any and all liability that results from or is alleged as a result of your provision of Services, including, but not limited to personal injuries, death and property damages.
- In the event of a motor vehicle accident you will be solely responsible for compliance with any applicable statutory or department of motor vehicles requirements, for reporting the accident to STEER and your insurer in a timely manner, and for all necessary contacts with your insurance carrier.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations while providing Services, and you will be solely responsible for any violations of such provisions.
- You will pay all applicable federal, state and local taxes based on your provision of Services and any payments received by you.
- You will not make any misrepresentation regarding STEER, the STEER Platform, the Services or your status as a Driver, or, while providing the Services, operate as a public carrier or taxi service, accept street hails, charge for rides, or engage in any other activity in a manner that is inconsistent with your obligations these Terms of Service.
- You will not attempt to defraud STEER or Riders in connection with your provision of Services. If we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity we may withhold applicable Ride Fees or other payments for the ride(s) in question.
- You will not discriminate or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation. You will make reasonable accommodation for service animals.
- You agree that we may obtain information about you, including your criminal and driving records, and you agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records.
- You will have proper snow tires or all season tires installed for the whole winter season.
- You will inform your insurance provider about the commercial usage of your vehicle for Ride Share.
Proprietary Rights and Trademark License
- All intellectual property rights in the STEER Platform shall be owned by us absolutely and in their entirety. These rights include and are not limited to database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights wherever existing in the world together with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in the STEER Platform are the property of their respective owners. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of STEER. STEER shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- STEER, other STEER logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of STEER in Canada and/or other countries (collectively, the “STEER Marks”). If you provide Services as a Driver, STEER may grant to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to display and use the STEER Marks solely in connection with providing the Services through the STEER Platform (“License”). The License is non-transferable and non-assignable, and you shall not grant to any third party any right, permission, license or sublicense with respect to any of the rights granted hereunder without STEER’s prior written permission, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. The STEER Marks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
- You acknowledge that STEER is the owner and licensor of the STEER Marks, and that your use of the STEER Marks will confer no additional interest in or ownership of the STEER Marks in you but rather inures to the benefit of STEER. You agree to use the STEER Marks strictly in accordance with STEER’s Trademark Usage Guidelines, as may be provided to you and revised from time to time, and to immediately cease any use that STEER determines to nonconforming or otherwise unacceptable.
You agree that you will not:
- create any materials that incorporate the STEER Marks or any derivatives of the STEER Marks other than as expressly approved by STEER in writing;
- use the STEER Marks in any way that tends to impair their validity as proprietary trademarks, service marks, trade names or trade dress, or use the STEER Marks other than in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions herein;
- take any other action that would jeopardize or impair STEER’s rights as owner of the STEER Marks or the legality and/or enforceability of the STEER Marks, including, without limitation, challenging or opposing STEER’s ownership in the STEER Marks;
- apply for trademark registration or renewal of trademark registration of any of the STEER Marks, any derivative of the STEER Marks, any combination of the STEER Marks and any other name, or any trademark, service mark, trade name, symbol or word which is similar to the STEER Marks;
- use the STEER Marks on or in connection with any product, service or activity that is in violation of any law, statute, government regulation or standard.
Violation of any provision of this License may result in immediate termination of the License, in STEER’s sole discretion. If you create any materials bearing the STEER Marks, you agree that upon their creation STEER exclusively owns all right, title and interest in and to such materials, including without limitation any modifications to the STEER Marks or derivative works based on the STEER Marks. You further agree to assign any interest or right you may have in such materials to STEER, and to provide information and execute any documents as reasonably requested by STEER to enable STEER to formalize such assignment.
The following disclaimers are made on behalf of STEER, our affiliates, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and suppliers.
The STEER Platform is provided on an “as is” basis and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We do not guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the STEER Platform and/or the Services, including the ability to provide or receive Services at any given location or time.
We specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state.
We do not warrant that your use of the STEER Platform or Services will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, secure, uninterrupted, always available, or error-free, or will meet your requirements, that any defects in the STEER Platform will be corrected, or that the STEER Platform is free of viruses or other harmful components. We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, connectivity and availability of the STEER Platform or Services.
We have no control over the quality or safety of the transportation that occurs as a result of the Services. We cannot ensure that a Driver or Rider will complete an arranged transportation service.
We cannot guarantee that each Rider is who he or she claims to be. Please use common sense when using the STEER Platform and Services, including looking at the photos of the Driver or Rider you have matched with to make sure it is the same individual you see in person. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense, and we do not accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the STEER Platform by persons under the age of 18. We encourage you to communicate directly with each potential Driver or Rider prior to engaging in an arranged transportation service.
STEER is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the STEER Platform or Services. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We do not procure insurance for, nor are we responsible for, personal belongings left in the car by Drivers or Riders. By using the STEER Platform and participating in the Services, you agree to accept such risks and agree that STEER is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Users on the STEER Platform or participating in the Services.
It is possible for others to obtain information about you that you provide, publish or post to or through the STEER Platform (including any profile information you provide), send to other Users, or share during the Services, and to use such information to harass or harm you. We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you disclose to other Users on the STEER Platform or through the Services. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the STEER Platform or through the Services or release to others. We disclaim all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other Users (including unauthorized users, or “hackers”).
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the STEER Platform, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the STEER Platform or otherwise disseminated by third parties. We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to monitor the materials posted in the public areas of the STEER Platform and remove any such material that might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others.
The STEER Platform contains (or you may be sent through the STEER Platform) links to other web sites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third Party Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites or Third Party Content accessed through the STEER Platform.
Location data provided by the STEER Platform is for basic location purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither STEER, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data displayed by the STEER Platform. Any of your Information, including geolocational data, you upload, provide, or post on the STEER Platform may be accessible to STEER and certain Users of the STEER Platform.
This paragraph applies to any version of the STEER Platform that you acquire from the Apple App Store. Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) is not a party to these Terms of Service and shall have no obligations with respect to the STEER Platform. STEER, not Apple, is solely responsible for the STEER Platform and the content thereof as set forth hereunder. However, Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries. Upon your acceptance of these Terms of Service, Apple shall have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce them against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold us and our affiliates and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and suppliers harmless from any claims, actions, suits, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of the STEER Platform and participation in the Services, including:
- your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents it incorporates by reference;
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, including, without limitation, Drivers, Riders, other motorists, and pedestrians, as a result of your own interaction with such third party;
- any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit through the STEER Platform or to us infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party;
- your ownership, use or operation of a motor vehicle or passenger vehicle, including your provision of Services as a Driver; and/or
- any other activities in connection with the Services. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OR EACH OF OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR DELETION, CORRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, FAILURE TO STORE ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY THE STEER PLATFORM, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE STEER PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, HOWEVER ARISING INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES (PROVIDED HOWEVER THAT THIS PROVISION SHALL NOT LIMIT THE SCOPE OF STEER’S INSURANCE POLICIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL DAMAGES, BODILY INJURY, DEATH AND/OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND DISCOMFORT) ARISING OUT OF YOUR COMMUNICATING WITH OR MEETING OTHER USERS OF THE STEER PLATFORM OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you agree to release STEER (including our affiliates and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, and suppliers) from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected to such disputes with other Users or to your use of the STEER Platform or participation in the Services. Furthermore, you expressly waive any rights you may have. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
Term and Termination
These Terms of Service are effective upon your creation of a User account, as amended by any modifications made pursuant to Section 1. You may discontinue your use of the STEER Platform or participation in the Services at any time, for any reason. We may suspend or deactivate your User account (either as a Rider and/or Driver), or revoke your permission to access the STEER Platform, at any time, for any reason, upon notice to you. We reserve the right to refuse access to the STEER Platform to any User for any reason not prohibited by law.
Agreement to Arbitrate All Disputes and Legal Claims
You and We agree that any legal disputes or claims arising out of or related the use of the STEER Platform and/or the Services, or their interpretation, enforceability, revocability, or the arbitrability of any dispute, that cannot be resolved informally shall be submitted to binding arbitration in Ontario, Canada. The arbitration shall be conducted by the Ontario Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, or as otherwise mutually agreed by you and we. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Claims shall be brought within the time required by applicable law. Any claim, action or proceeding must be brought in your individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, collective, or representative proceeding. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, collective, or class proceeding.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU AND STEER ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
You agree not to use any technical, financial, strategic and other proprietary and confidential information relating to STEER’s business, operations and properties, including User information (“Confidential Information”) disclosed to you by STEER for your own use or for any purpose other than as contemplated herein. You shall not disclose or permit disclosure of any Confidential Information to third parties. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure or use of Confidential Information of STEER in order to prevent it from falling into the public domain. Notwithstanding the above, you shall not have liability to STEER with regard to any Confidential Information which you can prove: was in the public domain at the time it was disclosed by STEER or has entered the public domain through no fault of yours; was known to you, without restriction, at the time of disclosure, as demonstrated by files in existence at the time of disclosure; is disclosed with the prior written approval of STEER; becomes known to you, without restriction, from a source other than STEER without breach of these Terms of Service by you and otherwise not in violation of STEER’s rights; or is disclosed pursuant to the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body; provided, however, that You shall provide prompt notice of such court order or requirement to STEER to enable STEER to seek a protective order or otherwise prevent or restrict such disclosure.
You and STEER are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended or created by accepting these Terms of Service.
To resolve a rider or driver issue regarding the STEER Platform, you should first contact our Customer Service Department through our support center at https://steeresg.com/contact-us or via the internal driver account pages when logging in at https://steeresg.com.
If You have any questions about these Terms of Service, the practices of STEER, or Your dealings with STEER, You may contact Us via https://steeresg.com/contact-us.